Squibs at the Royal Forth Yacht Club
There’s always a warm welcome for Squib sailors at the yacht club closest to the City of Edinburgh, with its easy access to the excellent open sailing waters of the Firth of Forth.
We offer a full and varied calendar of club racing, timed to suit the tides:-
- Open and Closing Regattas (3 races: May and September)
- Evening racing (1 race: Wednesday/Thursday, May to early September)
- Saturday racing (2 races: May to October)
- Cup races such as stern chases, single-handed race, crew race (Saturday/ Sunday: June to September)
- Summer Sprints (4+ races: June)
We regularly host open and national events. In 2021 we hosted the Dragon’s Scottish Championship and Edinburgh Cup as well as the Squib Scottish and Northern Championships combined our annual One-Design event. In 2022 we co-hosted the Edinburgh Regatta with FCYC, held the Festival Series (evenings in August) and the One Design event.
RFYC is looking forward to hosting the Squib National Championships in 2024 (more……)